Thursday, January 7, 2016

TNT Pres. Kevin Reilly: 'Rizzoli & Isles' will end after season 7 :(

At today's Television Critics Association's Winter 2016 Press Tour, TBS & TNT President Kevin Reilly announced that the upcoming season of "Rizzoli & Isles" (season 7) will be its last.
"I think both ladies have had a really satisfying experience. I don’t know that they wouldn’t do any more, but I think they felt very comfortable that it’s had a good run. It felt like it was time. Everyone said, ‘Let’s go out and finish 13 great ones and call it a day.’" - Kevin Reilly (via EW)
"If I came in and said, year two of Rizzoli & Isles, we're pulling the plug on it, I would have probably gotten some [feedback]. They have not said no to me on anything and I don't think they would have said no, but I think they would have gone like, 'Really?! You want to do that?' And, honestly, that would have been a stupid move. I've got a show that people love, that's performed really well, why would I do that? Coming to the end of a seven-year run, it's an easier decision. Everybody involved, from producers to talent, are like, 'It's been a good run. We're going to be one of a couple cable shows that has made it to that 100-plus [episode] number. There have been very few cable shows that have made that many episodes. So let's go out when we're strong and not limp.'" - Kevin Reilly (via Hollywood Reporter)
In July of last year, TNT announced the show's renewal for a shortened season 7 composed of 13 episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment