Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Angie Harmon talks to Family Circle about family, motherhood & the most embarrassing song on her iPod!

From Family Circle:

Rizzoli & Isles star Angie Harmon plays a tough-as-nailscop on her hit television show, but she relaxes the rules at home with daughters Finley, 8, Avery, 7, and Emery, 3.

Your family moved to North Carolina two years ago, but you spend six months a year shooting in Los Angeles. How does that work?
The girls come to L.A. when they’re on summer break, but I’m still on my own for three months a year. It’s difficult, but Jason [Sehorn, a retired NFL player] is great at playing the single dad. I Skype with the girls every night, and Jason films family events for me. Thank God for modern technology!

Working mothers tend to have guilt. What do you beat yourself up over?
How long do you have? Because I could go on and on! I feel like the worst parent in the world every time I get on a plane. Or when I miss their school awards. They get recognized for embodying positive character traits like honesty, and it means a lot to them to be celebrated.

Why did you decide to raise them in the South?
Having grown up in Texas, I was uncomfortable with how fast things were moving in L.A. My little girls were getting exposed to life too early. I want to keep them kids as long as I can.

Read the rest of the interview HERE.
Absolutely Angie: A fan site with news, photos, and commentary related to "Rizzoli & Isles" star Angie Harmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment