Thursday, November 17, 2011

Angie Harmon on politics, intolerance, and... turbans?

From WWD:

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center held its fall party Wednesday at New York’s Four Seasons, where a mob of well-heeled socials turned out to show their support. ... As guests moved to the pool room for dinner, Angie Harmon took a break from the action to survey the Indian-themed decor, which included cardboard scabbards and jewels care of the evening’s presenting sponsor, Munnu/The Gem Palace and its jeweler Siddharth Kasliwal.

“I love how he did it as his own, like these go on the turbans,” she said, pointing out a pin-on headpiece. “He’s wonderful.”

The actress has been known to wear her political conservatism on her sleeve, so with election season in full swing, had she picked a horse in the Republican race yet?

“No, not yet,” she said. “I can’t read about things in our country anymore because we’ve become so intolerant of each other. Why am I going to read another story of intolerance, of anger? People are mad. Great. People are mad all the time. Nobody seems to want to try to work towards a common goal. I mean, all that our Congress seems to do is agree to disagree…I don’t want to give up. I don’t want to say that I’m doing that, but I am taking a break.”

Read the full article HERE.
Absolutely Angie: A fan site with news, photos, and commentary related to "Rizzoli & Isles" star Angie Harmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment