Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Rizzoli & Isles" TCA podcast from @RobOwenTV!

From Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

For this week's Tuned In Podcast, I decided to take listeners along with me to the set of the TNT drama "Rizzoli & Isles" on the first day of the Television Critics Association summer 2011 press tour.

I managed to capture some interviews with series stars Angie Harmon, Sasha Alexander and Lorraine Bracco while describing what I saw on the set.

Download or stream the (free!) podcast HERE. Reporter Rob Owens takes listeners on a descriptive tour of the "Rizzoli & Isles" set, and we get to hear Angie talking about the differences between Jane Rizzoli and her "Law & Order" character, Abbie Carmichael, as well as the evolution of Jane into season 2, as excerpted below:

I think season 2 is always easier. I mean, you've already established the character, you pretty much know the outline, beliefs, who they are, their style, you know, physically what they look like. Lee and I were just talking about it, that the second season always feels like a comfy pair of pajamas that you put on. ... But I think in season 2, what I like the most - you know, obviously Jane is the only woman in the homicide unit because she has a certain gift for, you know, figuring these things out, and that's been established, and well, you know, with our writing and all of that. I think this season you start to see cracks in the armor, if you will.

You know, you see her vulnerability, you see that she's a person, you see that she doesn't have all the answers, that she needs help, you know, and equally so, I mean, it isn't just her, you know, running the department. Sometimes Korsak has the answers that she doesn't. Sometimes Frost has the answers that they all come to him for. So I think that has sort of been a fun thing to play this season because yes, it's fun to be the hero and all of that great stuff but it's also fun as an actor to be able to play, you know, the needs and the cares and the woes and the wants and the vulnerability and all of those things that we as human beings are made of, you know? I mean, it's not like all of us just have it together all the time, you know, so. As lifelike as it can be, that's when you know that you're doing a great job and that people are going to relate to it because it's a person.
Absolutely Angie: A fan site with news, photos, and commentary related to "Rizzoli & Isles" star Angie Harmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment